Swimming Pool Fiberglass
Fiberglass is quite strong and durable and is becoming a favourite of many
Fiberglass in the way of the future
Aesthetically, pool fiberglass brings out one of the smoothest and most polished finishes to a swimming pool. With its many and varied mosaic types, a typical well executed job becomes a work of real art.
Because of its famed smoothness, a fiberglassed pool is very easy to maintain as it is very difficult for dirt to stick to it. Furthermore, it makes it very difficult for algae to stick to its surface. A perfectly done job can last well in excess of 15 years.
Our process of fiberglass installation is as follows:
- The team will begin by pumping out your pool water. We are happy to direct your pool water exactly where you want it to go
- We clean your pool thoroughly and at the same time inspect it to see if there are any areas that need fixing
- The team will seal off any cracks and grind off any uneven surfaces and then cut out a grove along the top of the pool just under the copings where the mat will be nicely tucked in to prevent it from ever peeling off from the top
- The actual fiberglass application will then start. We will apply white resin in small patches. While the resin is still wet, we lay in the 450gsm mat. We apply another layer of white resin on top of the mat. We will continue like this until we finish the pool
- Once the fiberglass has dried, we will meticulously grind throughout the pool to acquire a glass smooth finish. The team will then run an inspection round to check if there are any weak points or places that may have been overly grinded. We patch these areas and then apply another layer of white resin
- We will then neatly install the mosaic ’tiles’ and cover them in a protective layer of clear resin
- At this point, we will now apply the top cot resin/gel. This is the layer that will actually give color to your fiberglass as well as make it water-resistant. The guy will the fill up the pool after a couple of days and we will supply and apply the initial chemicals for the pool
- All fiberglass work carry a guarantee of five years.